As you know, Saudi Arabia is not granting permanent residency to foreigners as Australia, America & other developed countries do. Hence, one has to leave sooner or later.
Now, you probably are here that you have decided or looking to return home, moving to another country from Saudi Arabia. If you want to leave Saudi Arabia permanently, then you have to process a proper final exit (خروج نهائي) so that you can come back if you wish to come again here.
You may be interested in How to Calculate End Service Benefits
- 1 Types of Final Exit
- 2 How to Process Final Exit
- 3 Final exit with Expired Iqama
- 4 Final Exit without Iqama
- 5 Final Exit Grace Period
- 6 Must Consider before Final Exit
- 7 How to Cancel Final Exit
- 8 The process to Cancel Final Exit.
- 9 Can I come after Final Exit?
- 10 Exit Types in Saudi Arabia
- 11 Final Words
- 12 FAQ about Final Exit
- 13 FEATURED POSTS
There are some legal requirements that you need to fulfill to process your final exit easily. But before this, we have to look at which type of final exit you are looking for
Types of Final Exit
There are two types of final exit;
- Khurroj Nizami (Legal) – If you are going back legally
- Khurooj Tarheel (Criminal) – If you are put in jail and then sending you back
We will talk more about the legal exit. Still, Tarheel is if you have been caught by authorities while staying here illegally. a 3- 5-year minimum ban in this case, like you have been caught by going to Hajj without permission, your iqama is expired, etc.
How to Process Final Exit
There are two ways to get a final exit legally.
- Through Absher
- Ministry of Labour
Exit through Absher
You can do this for your dependents only, not for your own, as your kafeel or sponsor only has the authority to do it for you.
Following are the steps one have to follow for his/her dependents;
Step – 1: Go to Absher.sa official portal by clicking here https://www.absher.sa/.
Step – 2: Change the language at your convenience. I’ll go with English.
Step – 3: Log in to your account
Step – 4: Click on the ‘Sevices’ tab under ‘Dependents Services’
Step – 5: Now, click on ‘Visa Services’
Step – 6: You will see how the types of visas (Issuing Final Exit Visa, Final Exit Visa cancellation, Issuing Exit Re-Entry Visa, Exit Re-Entry Visa cancellation) with conditions before issuing like I have pasted one for a final exit visa.
Step – 7: Click ‘Next’ at bottom
Step – 8: Select the relevant Dependent from the list if any others are there.
Step – 9: Confirm the relevant information like passport & iqama
Step – 10: Click ‘OK’ once all is done and confirmed by you.
Step – 11: You can print the final exit paper if required, but no need nowadays as the system will automatically detect during immigration.
Fee for final exit: No fee
But, Why am I receiving a message about insufficient funds during the final exit process?
You have to process two months before the Iqama expiry for your dependent; as you know, two months is the final exit period to leave KSA. Hence, you have to pay those funds to process exit.
Ministry of Labour | Final exit
You can also get a Final exit through the Ministry of Labour – MOL (Jawazat). All you have to do to have a visit there and present these papers;
- Valid Iqama
- Valid Passport
- NOL – Letter from Employer
This is when your sponsor doesn’t have any access to Absher account of unable to use it due to any reason/s.
Final exit with Expired Iqama
Many people are asking this question on different platforms that how can I get the final exit legally on expired iqama. You can get it through;
- Kafeel Absher Account
- Ministry of Labour
make sure in both cases you have to pay the extra fine to process your final exit.
Kafeel Absher Account
Kafeel needs to log in to his/her Absher account and issue a work permit for the final exit, select the employee, and press ‘Release.’ He also needs to submit the fee.
Ministry of Labour
Visit the Ministry of Labour & pay the fine and other fees related to the final exit. Also, show their NOL from you, kafeel.
Final Exit without Iqama
Yes, there are cases when you don’t have iqama for many reasons, and you want to exit from KSA. In that case, you surrender yourself, and normally, a ban of three years will be imposed to land again in Saudi Arabia for work. Make sure to have your passport with you to make the process clear.
Final Exit without KafeelIt is not possible to get an exit, but in a certain case, your kafeel is no more, but you can transfer to a new one in that case. If not, then you can directly contact Jawazat. It is the same as you cannot get a Saudi visa without kafeel, and now you cannot get exit without kafeel consent.
Final Exit Grace Period
Yes, as per the rule, you can stay for 60 days once your final exit is processed. You can have your dependents with you for 60 days as well, but make sure to leave in this period, or else you will be fined heavily and may get illegal if overstayed. You can print the final exit copy through Absher or ask your kafeel to do it for you and have it with you all the time.
Must Consider before Final Exit
Always make sure to consider the below points if you are about to leave KSA on the final exit so that you can come back anytime sooner or later if required.
- Contract with the current employer is finished, or you have resigned, and it is accepted like one or two months before the contract is expired as per contract.
- All other services, like Rentd House, Lease Car, etc., are all cleared already. In this case, normally, we have to transfer to another nominee.
- Bank loans, monthly installments, all types of utility bills under your Iqama should be cleared. Government & non-government as well.
Make sure to take out your money from the bank, as sometimes you may face problems in your bank account after the final exit has been processed. I have known people having issues, but normally, banks don’t. Transfer your End services Benefits to your home country as soon as possible.
- Any subscriptions involved in money or not under your iqama should be unsubscribed in KSA.
- Last but not least, you must take a Police Clearance Certificate. It is a must to have if you plan to go to any developed country for immigration.
How to Cancel Final Exit
Yes, I personally know some people who were asked by the company to cancel it and continue the job. In that case, your sponsor has the authority to cancel your final exit.
Sometimes, you got an excellent offer and didn’t want to go back and do all the processes so you can cancel it through your sponsor’s willingness.
The cancellation fee is 2000 SAR by MOL.
The process to Cancel Final Exit.
- You have to fill the Final Exit Cancellation form. This form is in Arabic, and you can get it done by just visiting Saudi Jawazat Offices.
- Get it signed by your kafeel or sponsor.
- You also need a letter from your kafeel request cancellation of the final exit.
- Make sure to get the chamber of commerce attestation.
- The letter needs to be attested by the Chamber of Commerce of the city where your employer’s office is registered in Saudi Arabia.
- Check if your iqama is valid, you have to pay the renewal fee before reversal.
- Other documents include a valid passport, photos, a copy of the final exit, etc.
Can I come after Final Exit?
Yes, you can come on the very next day no matter how many months you iqama is still valid like 6 months, 8 months, etc., if you have gone through a proper and legal way, not through Tarheel/jail.
But if you have gone through Exit Re-entry Visa and did not come back, then you are banned at least for three years to land again in Saudi Arabia.
Exit Types in Saudi Arabia
Yes, you have to understand that there are three types of Exits in Saudi Arabia;
- Exit Re-Entry or Khurooj Auda
- Multiple Exit Re-Entry
- Final Exit – Khurooj Nahee
In Exit Re-entry Visa, you have to come back in a specific time period mentioned on your visa. It is just a paper visa. It can only be used once. But Multiple Exit Re-Entry is the same as exit re-entry, but you can enter multiple times, but its fee is quite high and only good for business persons.
Final Exit is that you are leaving KSA permanently for the time being, and you will clear all the accounts here under your name.
I have tried to clear most of your doubts. If you have any questions, you can ask me in the comments. Always try to follow the rules here in KSA. Believe me, earning life is beautiful here if you follow the rules.