Iqama validity is one of the major concerns of an expatriate living in Saudi Arabia. The Iqama expiry date is also mandatory when filling out some application forms.
Whatever the reason you are here, I will show you simple methods to check your Iqama date expiry date.
You can also watch the Videos at the end.
Methods to Check Iqama Expiry Date
I will explain here three easy online and offline methods to find your query at your convenience.
- Iqama Status Check without Absher Account | Online
- Expiry Data Check with Absher | Online
- Expiry Check at Iqama – Without Absher
Iqama Expiry Check Without Absher | MOL
There is a trick working nowadays to check your Iqama expiry date without any Absher account even if you are in the outside Kingdom and don’t have access to your mobile verification code.
You can watch the video at the end of this article.
Step to Check Iqama Date at MOL
Follow the below steps please;
Step-1: Go to the MOL website via this link MOL
Step-2: Change the Language to English or keep it if you are good at Arabic
Step-3: Enter the Iqama Number or Border Number
Step-4: Now, enter the Date of Birth. You can change the calendar to Gregorian from Hijri.
Step-5: Fill the Verification Code
Step-6: Press ‘Next’
Step-7: Here, you will see the Iqama date in English & also in Arabic with other information.
Actually, this is to make an account at MOL, but we will not make the account but will just check our Iqama expiation.
I hope this helps.
Query Iqama Expiry Service | Absher Method
You must have an Absher account to do this check. If you have it, then OK, or else you can visit here to get an Absher Account.
Step – 1: Go to Absher website- Here, Absher. Sa.
Step – 2: Click on “Individual”
Step – 3: Change the language to English if you are not good at Arabic
Step – 4: You need to sign in by using your Absher Account
Step – 5: Enter your credentials, enter the image code, and hit log in.
Step – 6: You will be prompted to a verification code that you will receive on your mobile. Enter it and again hit login.
Step – 7: You will see a screen like below. Click on Query Iqama Expiry Service at the right bottom, or you can search if you cannot find it. You can scroll to the right-left also.
Step – 8: Once you clicked on Query Iqama Expiry Service, then you will see a window like below
Step – 9: Enter the Iqama number and image code, as shown in the picture. Click view
Step – 10: Click on view, and you can see your Iqama expiry date in Hijri.
Step – 11: The Iqama date displayed by the system will be like Iqama is valid till 1441/06/13 (Your Iqama is Valid till Year/Month/Day/). This is in the Hijri calendar.
Step – 12: You need to convert this Hijri date to Gregorian colander by visiting here Iqama Hijri to Georgian.
In our case, here it is, February 8, 2020.
Note: Yes, one can check the Iqama Expiry Date without a registered Absher account using an Absher account of any of his friends and relatives. You just need to enter his Iqama number at Step – 9 above.
No need to open their Absher.
Expiry Check at Iqama | Offline
Just grab your Iqama, and you will see the expiry date mentioned on it. Yes, you can convert the Hijri date to Georgian Calendar to understand better. See the below picture for your convenience.
If you have an old Iqama, you can see the expiry date instead of the iqama issue date; you can find it and ask any Arabic guy to read for you those numbers if you cannot make it. This date may differ a little if you have renewed your Iqama and get it a few days earlier than the actual expiry date.
Note: On the new Iqama, you will see the Iqama issue date instead of the expiry date. Just calculate & add Hijri year from there to get the expiration date 🙂
Iqama Expiry | SMS
Yes, you can also check your Iqama expiry through an SMS for this; you need your Sponsor ID
The message format will be like below;
12*Sponsor ID*Your Iqama Number
Send it to at:
- 888994 for SAWA | STC
- 624444 for Mobily
- 709444 for Zain
Nominal charges for SMS will apply like 1.5 SAR per SMS.
Iqama Expiry at Mobile App
You can also download the Absher application from Google and iOS. This Absher application has features like;
- You can check iqama expiry directly in English. No need to convert from Hijri to Gregorian Calendar.
- It is available in English as well as in the Arabic version.
- You can use it if you are a citizen or a resident.
- No need to see or interact with government officials face to face.
- It provides safety & keeps privacy as you can update your family member’s information on it.
Iqama Renewal Fee 2022 (1441)
You can see the MOI Iqama fee with a proper breakdown according to your company here.
Iqama Fee if more than 50% Saudi Nationals in Your Company
|Iqama Fee – MOI
|Work Permit – MOL
|Total Iqama Fee
Iqama Fee if Your Company Contains less than 50% Saudi Nationals
|Iqama Fee – MOI
|Work Permit – MOL
|Total Iqama Fee
Iqama Fee for House Workers like Maid, Home Driver (Saiq Khas), the Maid, Gardener, Farmers (Mazra)
|Iqama Fee – MOI
|Work Permit – MOL
|Total Iqama Fee
Iqama Fee for very small Mossasa if not more than 5 workers
|Iqama Fee – MOI
|Work Permit – MOL
|Total Iqama Fee
The work permit fee for Industry workers is also exempted now.
MOL (Ministry of Labor) Fee is also known as Maktab e Amal or Wazart e Amal. All Iqama related issues are dealt with here.
MOI Fee is the Iqama fee for the Ministry of Interior Saudi Arabia
Note: The fee described may vary as the rules here in Saudi Arabia a changing rapidly. The insurance also depends upon which facility you avail of.
Levy Fee: The dependent fee is expected to increase from 300 SAR (2019) to 400 SAR in 2022.
You can check Iqama MOL Fee here Maktab e Amal Fee Check
What is Iqama?
Iqama, also known as Iqama, or Muqeem Card, is like identity cards in other countries. This is for expatriates working in Saudi Arabia only. In other countries, the worker will have a passport with a visa stamped, but in Saudi Arabia, Iqama is issued, which has a lot of information connected to it.
- An Iqama is proof that you are a legal worker here in KSA. If not, then you may get in trouble.
- Everything like your bank account, driving license, car insurance, remittances back home, car insurance, medical insurance, etc., are connected to it.
- Your sponsor or the Kafeel will make this for you are paying the subsequent fee at the Ministry of Labor. Usually, the visa you arrived at here is valid for three months only. You have to apply & get this Muqeem/Iqama card; otherwise, a penalty will be imposed.
- A valid Iqama is necessary to process all transactions like Exit Re-Entry from Saudi to back home; Bank will not entertain you if you have an invalid iqama.
An expatriate must have a check on his Iqama validity all the time. However, bigger firms have set up their own systems to alert the HR team to know if Iqama will expire for any company employee.
When going on vacation back home, you are advised to submit it to your sponsor or kafeel, they say.
What are the Iqama Requirements?
Iqama can be issued against;
- Worker visa
- Study visa
- Dependents visa (Kids)
- House Workers like Maid, Gardener
- Spouse visa.
An expatriate worker should have a proper work permit issued from his/her sponsor.
The same way a student who came here for study purposes can get an Iqama.
Kids and spouses of a worker will also have Iqama if they are permanent with him/her.
A dependent like a driver, cook, etc., will also be entitled to an Iqama. Before applying for Iqama, a medical test is conducted by any designated hospital in Saudi Arabia – One must pass it!
If you have a dependent under your name, you are the sponsor, and your Kafeel has nothing to do with them. It is the Employer who should take the responsibility to issue a visa.
Once a worker is on a new visa, he/she has 90 days maximum to get an Iqama as the visa is normally issued for 90 days. Some companies that hire consultants always send them back before 90 days to get a new stamp on a visa to work again and avoid iqama fees as they will not hire them permanently.
A probation period is also for 90 days in Saudi Arabia to judge its workers if they are worthy of having them and vice versa.
How to Renew an Iqama?
As you are aware, now how you can check the validity of your Iqama. Normally, an Iqama is an issue for one Hijri year means it is valid for one year.
- Iqama renewal is also a duty of you, Kafeel. An employer needs to pay the Ministry of labour (Maktab e Amal) fee to renew it. This fee varies as per Nitaqat categories, but if it is Red, then there is no way to make a renewal. Green, Yellow, Platinum, etc., can get their Iqama renewal but not the Red status company.
You can check here your status: Iqama Red Green.
- You are an illegal entity if you fail to renew a maximum of 3 days after the expiry date. Without any 3 days period is allowed by Jawazat and is called grace time. After that, all of your online systems will be blocked automatically, like bank accounts, as everything is well connected through an online system.
- To get a renewal, all one must just pay the Maktab e Amal fee, but some residents, like Nigerian people, must go through a medical test at each renewal.
- As soon as it is renewed, you will get an SMS on your mobile. Once the system is updated, and your Iqama will be sent to your sponsor office. Collect and discard the old one immediately. Penalty if you have two Iqamas at the same time, even if of any other colleague – Be Careful!
- Once all the requirements like Iqama renewal fee, car insurance, valid passport, Saudi Council of Engineers fee, Iqama Funds, Traffic Violations, etc., are cleared, your Employer can make the Iqama renewal request from Absher system online.
- After Iqama renewal, one has to visit the bank normally to update Iqama’s status there. Although there is an update system, banks still used to call it logical to me as I have just visited NCB Alahli bank yesterday for this cause.
Remember, your company contract and your Iqama validity are separate things. With a valid visa, you can stay in KSA, and it is illegal to stay without a valid Iqama. You even can’t get an exit visa on an expired Iqama. Also, keep in mind that the passport expiry date has nothing to do with the Iqama expiry date, but if your passport is expired, you cannot get renewed your Iqama.
Nowadays, big companies have set up their systems to alarm the HR and the concerned department to any Iqama and Insurance expiries. If you work in a small firm, then set a reminder in your e-mail.
Grace Period for Iqama Renewal
Yes, there is a grace period of only 3 days to renew your Iqama. If your passport is expired, you can go to your Embassy and get an extension stamp to do the Iqama renewal process. Keep in mind that Iqama will not be renewed until you have cleared all the fines like traffic violations. Hence these three days of grace time is for you.
Penalty for First Time
After the grace period, a 500 SR fine will be imposed for the first time
Penalty for Second Time
1000 SR if delayed again for the second time.
Penalty for Third Time
Deportation of employees and 1000 SR if delayed again for the third time.
Note: These renewal penalties are to be paid by the Sponsor, Kafeel, or your Employer to the Ministry of Labour.
Points to Remember as Iqama Holders
If you are on work here in KSA, then you must remember these points about your Iqama;
- Never be without you, Iqama outside. If you get got, then a penalty of 1000 SAR.
- Jawazat department deals with all kinds of Iqama related issues. Go there if required in any case.
- If Iqama is expired, then you are an illegal resident here in KSA. Go and get it renewed as soon as possible.
- You cannot go back either exit re-entry for the final exit with expired Iqama.
- Same way, you cannot enter back if your Iqama is expired during your stay outside the Kingdom.
- Passport should be valid while renewing your Iqama.
- Saudi Council of Engineering registration (if you have one) should be valid. Or any address update notification at SCE like you changes your kafeel in case.
Uses of Iqama
Iqama is the most important documents or card you have in Saudi Arabia. The major uses are;
- Identity across KSA
- It is your work permit in Saudi Arabia
- A bank account can be opened
- You can apply for a Driving License
- You cannot rent a house without a valid Iqama
- You cannot get a job or any work without a valid Iqama
- You cannot travel across KSA without a valid Iqama
- No need to take a passport all the times
- The hospital will not entertain without Iqama
- Haramain Train service can be availed
- During local flights, ID is required.
- Saptco bus service can be availed.
- Exit Re-Entry can be applied.
And so on.
What is Iqama?
Iqama or Muqeem card is like an identity card like NICOP in Pakistan and Aadhaar card in India.
This is solely for the expatriate who came here for work. Iqama or the Muqeem Card is issued to a worker after arriving here in Saudi Arabia not later than 90 days.
This contains a lot of information about the resident like
- Name in Arabic & English
- Date of Birth
- Iqama Holders Photo
- Iqama Number
- name of the sponsor or Kafeel
- Permit Number
Iqama Expiry Check Red Green | Videos Guide
You can see Iqama expiry without Absher account on the new MOL website
You can Watch the Video if you like or continue reading. You can also use Absher Mobile App or just visit the MOI Absher website.
Note: On Friday, 5th July 2019, MOI shifted its old web portal moi.gov.sa to www.Absher.sa. And you must have an Absher account to use most of the services now.
Read More: Find Kafeel name & ID
FAQ about Iqama Check KSA
May I get Final Exit with an Expired Iqama?
Yes, after paying the fine, you can see the process here Final Exit with Expired Iqama.
What is Muqeem KSA??
Muqeem Card is a new form of Iqama, also called Resident ID. So nowadays, everyone has a Muqeem card, but still, people call it an Iqama card. Muqeem replaced iqama after October 14, 2015.
How can I check if my Iqama transferred or not?
You can check on the MOL website. See the procedure in details here Iqama Transfer Check.
How may an Expired Iqama affect on my End Service Benefits?
An Iqama expired means that your sponsor cannot renew it, and you may lose your EBS as your company may not be in good shape in terms of finance.
If I want to renew an expired Iqama, then?
Yes, you can renew, but make sure you have to pay the fine.
How long is an Iqama valid?
One year nowadays only, and if you or your dependent issued Iqama already and living outside KSA, he/she needs to visit here to get a renewal.
How to Check the iqama expiry date in English?
Yes, Iqama expiry date inquiry English is as I have explained that you can convert the date in Gregorian, but first, you will get in Hijri Calendar.
What is the fee for Iqama renewal?
Several things are associated, but the major one Maktab e Aml fee, then Insurance fee. This fee changes with the company category.
For example, the Iqama fee will break the total Iqama fee 7,200 SAR like this, Maktab E Amal Permit Fee:6,000 SAR, Iqama Fee: 750 SR and Insurance: 450 SR, etc.
How to check the iqama expiry date without Absher?
You can check as already explained by looking at your Iqama. It is in Arabic, but you can change it into the English language by Hijri to Georgian Converter.
How to check IqamaIqama renewed or not?
You can go to Absher and check online. Also, Iqama funds will disappear once updated.
May I renew my Car Registration – Istimara if my Iqama is expired?
You cannot as you are already illegal and cannot renew Istimara until you renew your Iqama.
May I renew my Iqama if I am on Huroof?
No, you cannot as you are already illegal and cannot until you clear your Huroof.
How can I check iqama status if it is expired or not?
Just log in to the MOI Absher account, and you can find it easily.
What is the Iqama date?
Normally, it is used about Iqama validity or expiry date.
What is the difference between an Iqama status and a company status?
Iqama status is its validity date while company status in which Nitaqat category is your company fall (Red, yellow, green or Platinum)
How can I check the Saudi Muqeem renewal status?
You can visit the Ministry of Labor website if your fee is cut or directly check the Iqama expiry date at MOI Absher. Normally, you will receive an SMS once your Iqama is renewed. These will also provide you with iqama expiry services notifications as well.
What will happen if I get caught without Iqama?
If you get caught without Iqama working and or just roaming somewhere, then you will be in jail straight away. So be careful & have Iqama all the time with you.
You will also visit here